Thank you for taking an interest in the Cortland Pistol Club. It’s our goal to introduce as many people – both, individuals and entire families alike – to the type of fun and excitement that only shooting can provide. We teach and practice safety in all the events/activities we sponsor, so you can choose how to improve your skills at your own pace.
Visitors and spectators are always welcome to observe our matches and in most cases, shoot a scenario, provided you possess a valid New York State Pistol Permit and your own handgun*.
Throughout New York State and across the nation, there are many clubs that join in the shooting sports we commonly host. In fact, on most weekends, you can compete in one of these thrilling events – either at our range or by simply driving a short distance when we visit another area club.
For a small annual fee, membership in the Cortland Pistol Club provides many advantages:
- We support and require safe, responsible gun ownership practices.
- We provide a clean, safe and professional location for your target practice.
- You’ll get an opportunity to socialize and associate with those who have similar interests.
- We provide our members with an exciting sport where YOU WILL improve your handgun handling skills.
- No matter what you current skill level is – you can compete AND succeed with a little instruction.
- Males and females shoot at an equal basis – there is no advantage or disadvantage based on gender.
- Personal training and instruction are always available for those who ask.
If you’d like to join or learn more about the Cortland Pistol Club, please contact us by using any one of the email links provided on this site…….We’re all enthusiastic about what we do and immensely enjoy passing on our traditions and teaching new comers who share our interests, goals and visions.
* = Certain restrictions apply